6.29.2012

Home Improvement

I borrowed my sister's camera for the time being so I can get updating. Home improvement is what is filling up most of our spare time around here and I've been so excited about the process. Rob has been busily installing ceiling fans, I have been decorating away, and we all have been painting. Complete room number one (ok, very nearly completed) is the nursery. I was toying with the idea of striping the walls and I am so glad we went for it. I had to just dive in and try it or I would have talked myself out of it. I went with an airplane theme. The art above the crib are prints of vintage air travel posters. I am so pleased with how wonderful they look and how simple they turned out to be to find and print online. And big bonus, I got all six matted frames, with glass, for a steal of a deal. We put up the old cloud curtains I made last year for the apartment and all that's left is to find the right priced rocking chair. I have a world map to hang on the opposite wall that is currently being mod- podged to a cork board so I'll post that later because I just couldn't wait to show of this progress.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute, I love the stripes!

Krista said...

I seriously love the stripes. I can't wait to actually OWN a home one day and decorate! Can't wait to see more.

Carrie said...

That turned out so cute! Will you come paint my nursery striped now too? Is this Desmond's room or for the new baby?

The Robinsons said...

Anna!!! That room is SO CUTE! I love it! Good work!

Unknown said...

I love the stripes. I want to paint stripes in one of our bathrooms in our new townhome (we bought a townhome!!!) ... I am so sorry I wasn't able to make the BBQ when you were in town. I hope you're doing well!! Love ya girl.

Shauna said...

I just found your blog! so awesome! love it! be a follower on mine :)