3.31.2013

Happy Easter!

This is a beautiful holiday. I'm grateful to my Savior that he suffered and died for our sins. That I am able to repent and be clean from my mistakes and that he conquered death so that I can live again and live with my Father in Heaven again.

I really have been trying to be mindful of my actions today and this week to show Peanut why we are really celebrating. I hope we are paving the way with good habits and traditions. Thanks to Rachel's good idea HERE, I made my own egg set and that's what we did our Easter egg hunt with. Then we read the scriptures and talked about it over breakfast. It was really nice. I think we used to have one of these eggs sets when I was young. It's fun to be doing these things for my own family and have a child old enough to start participating.

It was also really nice that Rob did not have meetings this morning at church. It made things a little calmer around here. I find Sunday mornings to be absolutely frantic and stress inducing and I seem to be in quite the foul mood by the time we make it to church. So today was a nice change of pace. Him being home also allowed me to dry and curl my hair, which is a once in a blue moon special treat, that accompanied my new spring dress (thanks again Shauna and Dave for the birthday gift!). There are so many good things that come with the changing of seasons, spring clothing being one of them!

Until next time!

 

1 comment:

mackenzie said...

we did that egg activity for our primary kids! so fun!

we need to get together soon- we haven't seen you guys in months!