6.30.2011

{ Amazing Friends! }

The past two weekends we were blessed with two more visitors. First off was a visit from my old roomie, Kelly. She drove all the way from NYC just to spend a few hours with us. She stayed just the afternoon with us before turning around and heading back to NJ to see her mom. Wow! She made it seem like a 4 hour drive was no big deal. We felt so special.

It was so neat to catch up. I was barely pregnant the last time our paths crossed (for 15 whole minutes in Vegas) and now we have a 6 month old. Kelly was the one to see me through my wedding engagement while I was in Colorado Springs. We sure had a lot of talks and good cries together.What a trooper. It's really neat to see people you haven't seen in a long time and realize how much we have changed and yet how much stays the same.
Our next visitor was an old swimming chum of mine. I haven't seen her since right before Rob and I were married. She flew in from Boston. Again, it was so neat to catch up. If someone would have told us, while we were swimming at Shadle High School, that one day we'd meet up in Frederick, MD,and I would have a baby I would have laughed in their face. I can't wait to go repay the favor and visit these ladies on their home turf.

Thanks again for visiting!

No comments: